Sunday, November 13, 2016

Compassion and Creativity

A few days ago I attended a meeting in the city that I currently reside in. It was a meeting for those who want to do compassionate work to make a positive change. It was the five year anniversary for this idea/organization. I had the opportunity to talk with those who have been working in this area of compassion for years.

I talked with a college professor who explained in brief how he measures compassion in the city. He told me they do surveys and collect data to help understand the results of compassion through an academic measuring system. Example: Recording the number of people who volunteer to help each year here and around the city.

I also spoke with a man who works for at a healthcare company. He explained to me how technology is really changing the way how hospitals and the healthcare industry is working. We talked about how the human element fits into the system and how having a physical doctor helps a person understand the relationship of compassion when care is needed.

There were a few others that I was able to meet too. A UPS driver and someone that worked for the city government. We talked about how sometimes each person has a unique skills/talent and that in a group setting each person has something original to offer that will help. The event was about compassion but the longer I stayed there I learned that the way compassion was implemented made a big positive difference. It effects most everyone no matter what area of work or background. I found it interesting because it's the kind of work that goes a long way and is usually unnoticed. It not just making a cookie and then selling it for a dollar to make a fifty cent profit. It also isn't just making cookies for free and giving them away with a smile. It's a combination of both ideas for a purpose.

Takeaway Note: While working in the creative field it's good to remember the positive effects of compassion. Recognizing it in a way that helps others yet also staying truthful to the facts in present time. It's like a good attitude. Whether that is photography, writing, reporting or any kind of creative work.

No comments:

Post a Comment